Skip to main content

LO2 - Treatment

 Summary of brief:

The brief is to remake an ident cycle for a channel of your choice. The ident that will be rebranded is for a company called ‘Freeview’. The campaign should consist of one 60 second ident or two 30 second idents. The ident will need to be clear which corelates to the channel, the content of the channel and the audience. There should be initials ideas for the ident you are going rebrand, there should be a planning documentation which I will have to make which includes legal and ethical issues. After this feedback from the audience should be gathered for your offline edit to produce the ident cycle, I have chosen, to complete the project I need to reflect on how the final products have developed from the original idea. I have interpreted this brief by noticing the keywords and understanding the tasks that I have been set from the brief, I understood this by reading it a couple of times and did research on audio visuals and TV idents. I have also interpreted the brief by understanding what each task is telling me to do and what has to get done for example I have to rebrand a TV ident, get feedback from my offline edit, then reflect and evaluate how my rebranded version of the ident has changed from the original TV ident that I chose.

Purpose:

The purpose of my ident is to ensure the audience get the right message and understanding when noticing the correlation of my ident to the channel and the channel name. For example, my ident includes cereal this corelates to BBC One as the channel includes news in the early morning and as my rebranded ident includes breakfast it relates to the morning news that comes in the early morning on BBC One.

Synopsis of ident(s):

The synopsis of my idea is that I will have two 30 second idents. The first ident will consist of a family sitting around a circular table in the morning in the kitchen with bowls in front of them as well as a cereal box and milk. The family will be talking with each other and one of them will get the cereal and pour it into their bowl from a height, the cereal will be cheerio’s and as it is being poured, I will zoom into one of the cheerio’s falling from the box and showcase the name when I have zoomed in to a certain level of the cheerio so that it is still in frame with the BBC One channel written inside the cheerio circle and after there will be a voice over talking about the news coming on next up. My second ident will consist of a similar idea. In this ident I will have a person in the kitchen and frying an egg  and the egg from a normal height from the pan and as it is being dropped into the pan, I will film it falling into the pan. I will turn my camera down to the pan to form a top view of the pan and I will make the yolk break and I will edit the channels name after the yolk is broken on the circle of the egg and to end this ident off, I will have a voice over saying the BBC morning news is up next.

Target audience:

My audience will be young adults - elderly adults around the age of 20+. This is because this age group tend to watch the news more in the early mornings on the way to work more than younger kids would. These two 30 second idents will appeal to the audience as they may like the idea of the egg being fried to represent the morning time of day as on BBC the news comes  on at around 6/7am until around 12pm. The audience also may like the cereal ident too as it also indicates the time of day, which is morning for the morning news on BBC, perhaps they may like the creativity of the idents or the correlation of the ident to the time of day.

Medium:

The medium that I will be using is audio visual promos. 

Running time for idents:

The running time for my first ident is in the early morning as this is when the BBC One news come on. For my second ident the running time is also in the morning to corelate to the BBC One news. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understand the purpose of audio-visual promos (P1, M1 & D1)

 The music promo:  Nicki Minaj & Ice Spice – Barbie World (with Aqua) [Official Music Video]   Nicki Minaj & Ice Spice – Barbie World (with Aqua) [Official Music Video] - YouTube This music video helps promote the Barbie movie. This is evident as in this music video they use the set barbie was filmed in which contributes to the promotion. As Niki Minaj and Ice spice have a huge following and many fans that look up to them having them in the set of barbie and also being in the end of the movie makes the targeted audience more interested and excited to watch the movie so as much as people were already interested to go watch this movie Ice spice and Niki Minaj have also got their fans on top of the movies target audience giving it more views. At 1:17 Ice spice is driving in the car that they drove in the movie of the mother and daughter with barbie driving to barbie world.  AGILE: The age of the target audience for the barbie song would be 13+, this is because i feel like it is ap

Framework

 

Legal, moral and ethical issues (P2/M2)

The legal issues that you may face is through work, by this I mean images for example you can get an image from google for your work and the issues that can be faced from this is not asking permission from the person who made the image for you to be able to put on your work. You can get sued or fined for using someone else's work without permission. You could possibly go to jail if they take you to court and you're not able to pay up they can take products from you.  The ethical issues are something morally right or wrong actions or sayings. Such as, being racist, body shaming, harassment. For example, body shaming if a model was to do a photoshoot for a brand as an advert and they are being body shamed on there it is morally wrong as everyone can now see the advert and also see the body shaming that is going on. This will give a bad representation of their brand and business allowing their target audience and others to stop buying products from them as they have this bad repre